Thursday, March 29, 2012

Exporting Reports

I need some urgent advice. I used Crystal Reports 4.6 (distributed with Visual Studio 6) and designed a report containing saved data. By default the report prints to a window (Crystal Report Preview Window) from where the users can select to print the report to their printers. I need to remove the export and mail options from the Preview Window.
I understand that the later, more recent versions, of Crystal Reports allows for the export and mail buttons to be hidden, what about the version I have? Due to the fact that Crystal Reports 4.6 apparently does not facilitate for this function I considered moving the report to MS Data Report, but it contains export abilities as well. I am more than prepared to use either of the 2 as long as I know that the information contained within the report cannot be tampered with by way of file exports.
Can anybody please help me with this problem?I don't know anything about version 4.6, but maybe there's a way that you can trap the Export button being pushed and warn the user, then exit the function before the report is exported?|||I tried trapping it from within VB, but to no avail.

No comments:

Post a Comment