Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Exporting Jobs in SQL Server Agent

Hello,
We have about 20 Jobs in the SQL Server Agent, under the Management section
of the Enterprise Manager tree that run on different schedules daily. We're
moving to a new server and I can't seem to find a way or a tool that will
let me copy the jobs to the new server. Does anyone know if there is a way
or a tool for such a task? We can redo them manually but thought I would ask
first before we started. We're on SQL2K. Thanks for any information you may
be able to give me.
RGPyou can right click on the job and choose Generate SQL Script...
btw, jobs are saved in msdb. :-)
"riley" <riley3@.microtek-sales.com> wrote in message
news:%23lSae4BxDHA.1060@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> We have about 20 Jobs in the SQL Server Agent, under the Management
section
> of the Enterprise Manager tree that run on different schedules daily.
We're
> moving to a new server and I can't seem to find a way or a tool that will
> let me copy the jobs to the new server. Does anyone know if there is a way
> or a tool for such a task? We can redo them manually but thought I would
ask
> first before we started. We're on SQL2K. Thanks for any information you
may
> be able to give me.
> RGP
>|||Right click the Jobs under Management | SQL Server Agent
for that SQL Server instance, select All Tasks -> Generate
SQL Scripts ..., and save the SQL script for all the local
jobs.
You can then run this generated script on a differen
server to re-create the jobs. You may need to edit the
script somewhat if the script contains references that are
not valid on this other server.
Linchi
>--Original Message--
>Hello,
>We have about 20 Jobs in the SQL Server Agent, under the
Management section
>of the Enterprise Manager tree that run on different
schedules daily. We're
>moving to a new server and I can't seem to find a way or
a tool that will
>let me copy the jobs to the new server. Does anyone know
if there is a way
>or a tool for such a task? We can redo them manually but
thought I would ask
>first before we started. We're on SQL2K. Thanks for any
information you may
>be able to give me.
>RGP
>
>.
>|||Thank you very much -I didn't realize the Generate SQL Scripts was for that
purpose. Appreciate the help.
RGP
"NEW NAME, OLD GUY" <PLEASE!> wrote in message
news:O4vnJFCxDHA.3436@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> you can right click on the job and choose Generate SQL Script...
> btw, jobs are saved in msdb. :-)
> "riley" <riley3@.microtek-sales.com> wrote in message
> news:%23lSae4BxDHA.1060@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Hello,
> > We have about 20 Jobs in the SQL Server Agent, under the Management
> section
> > of the Enterprise Manager tree that run on different schedules daily.
> We're
> > moving to a new server and I can't seem to find a way or a tool that
will
> > let me copy the jobs to the new server. Does anyone know if there is a
way
> > or a tool for such a task? We can redo them manually but thought I would
> ask
> > first before we started. We're on SQL2K. Thanks for any information you
> may
> > be able to give me.
> > RGP
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment