Thursday, March 29, 2012

Exporting report (with graph subreport) to PDF

Hi All,
This is my first reporting services post (as I am pretty new to
working with this new technology), so if I am unclear on anything or
ignorant on anything please forgive me!
Current Situation:
--
I am exporting a report to PDF (in a Windows service). The parent
report is exporting correctly, but a subreport is erroring out. This
subreport is simply a graph at the bottom of the report, so it is
pretty crucial to the report that it is shown. The method I am using
to export this report is LocalReport.Render.
Things to keep in mind:
--
I am developing this service in VS 2005 in c#.
Is this even possible?Have you applied SQL Server 2005 SP2 to your development machine?
If not try this since applying that will also update the ReportViewer
control and the rest of the client components as well.
--
Chris Alton, Microsoft Corp.
SQL Server Developer Support Engineer
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
> From: MattW <mdw233@.gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs
> Subject: Exporting report (with graph subreport) to PDF
> Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:41:31 -0000
> Organization: http://groups.google.com
> Lines: 24
> Hi All,
> This is my first reporting services post (as I am pretty new to
> working with this new technology), so if I am unclear on anything or
> ignorant on anything please forgive me!
>
> Current Situation:
> --
> I am exporting a report to PDF (in a Windows service). The parent
> report is exporting correctly, but a subreport is erroring out. This
> subreport is simply a graph at the bottom of the report, so it is
> pretty crucial to the report that it is shown. The method I am using
> to export this report is LocalReport.Render.
>
> Things to keep in mind:
> --
> I am developing this service in VS 2005 in c#.
>
> Is this even possible?
>|||On Oct 8, 9:57 am, cal...@.online.microsoft.com (Chris Alton [MSFT])
wrote:
> Have you applied SQL Server 2005 SP2 to your development machine?
> If not try this since applying that will also update the ReportViewer
> control and the rest of the client components as well.
> --
> Chris Alton, Microsoft Corp.
> SQL Server Developer Support Engineer
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> --
>
> > From: MattW <mdw...@.gmail.com>
> > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs
> > Subject: Exporting report (with graph subreport) to PDF
> > Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:41:31 -0000
> > Organization:http://groups.google.com
> > Lines: 24
> > Hi All,
> > This is my first reporting services post (as I am pretty new to
> > working with this new technology), so if I am unclear on anything or
> > ignorant on anything please forgive me!
> > Current Situation:
> > --
> > I am exporting a report to PDF (in a Windows service). The parent
> > report is exporting correctly, but a subreport is erroring out. This
> > subreport is simply a graph at the bottom of the report, so it is
> > pretty crucial to the report that it is shown. The method I am using
> > to export this report is LocalReport.Render.
> > Things to keep in mind:
> > --
> > I am developing this service in VS 2005 in c#.
> > Is this even possible... Hide quoted text -
> - Show quoted text -
Thanks Chris ... That did the trick!|||Not a problem :)
--
Chris Alton, Microsoft Corp.
SQL Server Developer Support Engineer
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
> From: MattW <mdw233@.gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs
> Subject: Re: Exporting report (with graph subreport) to PDF
> Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 13:38:21 -0000
> On Oct 8, 9:57 am, cal...@.online.microsoft.com (Chris Alton [MSFT])
> wrote:
> > Have you applied SQL Server 2005 SP2 to your development machine?
> >
> > If not try this since applying that will also update the ReportViewer
> > control and the rest of the client components as well.
> >
> > --
> > Chris Alton, Microsoft Corp.
> > SQL Server Developer Support Engineer
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
rights.
> > --
> >
> >
> >
> > > From: MattW <mdw...@.gmail.com>
> > > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs
> > > Subject: Exporting report (with graph subreport) to PDF
> > > Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:41:31 -0000
> > > Organization:http://groups.google.com
> > > Lines: 24
> >
> > > Hi All,
> >
> > > This is my first reporting services post (as I am pretty new to
> > > working with this new technology), so if I am unclear on anything or
> > > ignorant on anything please forgive me!
> >
> > > Current Situation:
> > > --
> > > I am exporting a report to PDF (in a Windows service). The parent
> > > report is exporting correctly, but a subreport is erroring out. This
> > > subreport is simply a graph at the bottom of the report, so it is
> > > pretty crucial to the report that it is shown. The method I am using
> > > to export this report is LocalReport.Render.
> >
> > > Things to keep in mind:
> > > --
> > > I am developing this service in VS 2005 in c#.
> >
> > > Is this even possible... Hide quoted text -
> >
> > - Show quoted text -
> Thanks Chris ... That did the trick!
>

No comments:

Post a Comment