Thursday, March 29, 2012

Exporting reports to excel - chart quality

Hello there,
I got following problem, I have some charts in my report and I need to
export reports to excel, all charts are being converted into images,
which is fine, but the quality of this conversion is not good and for
example axis labels are barely readable, while for example exporting
to pdf produces a good quality chart. So my question: is there any way
to increase quality of output image during conversion charts to
excel ?On Aug 16, 5:10 am, bachu...@.op.pl wrote:
> Hello there,
> I got following problem, I have some charts in my report and I need to
> export reports to excel, all charts are being converted into images,
> which is fine, but the quality of this conversion is not good and for
> example axis labels are barely readable, while for example exporting
> to pdf produces a good quality chart. So my question: is there any way
> to increase quality of output image during conversion charts to
> excel ?
I agree w/you in terms of the chart quality in PDF versus Excel. The
only thing that I can think of is to increase the axis label size/
font. Another alternative is to create a separate report for each
export option and set the font according to what best works for the
export and then tie them both to export buttons in a custom ASP.NET
application and swap the 2 report based on the export option selected.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||Thanks for reply. However I cant do what you suggest, because in my
solution excel file requires further editing by user before printing,
which is ofc impossible in pdf, besides increasing font size not
necessarily improve quality. And what is very surprising same font,
same size but different type of chart generate different quality
image. Labels of axis in column chart look terrible while labels for
pie chart looks quite good.
There are options to change default dpi for exporting using
ImageRenderer, I was rather hoping there is a way to change
configuration of ExcelRenderer or eventually some easy way to create
overridden version and changing some default properties :(
Regards
Adam
On 17 Aug, 03:53, EMartinez <emartinez...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 16, 5:10 am, bachu...@.op.pl wrote:
> > Hello there,
> > I got following problem, I have some charts in my report and I need to
> > export reports to excel, all charts are being converted into images,
> > which is fine, but the quality of this conversion is not good and for
> > example axis labels are barely readable, while for example exporting
> > to pdf produces a good quality chart. So my question: is there any way
> > to increase quality of output image during conversion charts to
> > excel ?
> I agree w/you in terms of the chart quality in PDF versus Excel. The
> only thing that I can think of is to increase the axis label size/
> font. Another alternative is to create a separate report for each
> export option and set the font according to what best works for the
> export and then tie them both to export buttons in a custom ASP.NET
> application and swap the 2 report based on the export option selected.
> Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment