Thursday, March 29, 2012

Exporting Reports creates a blank window

I have created a few reports and linked them to a URL on a web page. (sample link is : http://servername/ReportServer/Pages/ReportViewer.aspx?%2fMy_Reports%2fBacklog+Report&rs:Command=Render )

When the user clicks on the link above it renders correctly but when the user tries to export the report to any format on the list, it launches another window with the following URL : http://servername/ReportServer/Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd?ExecutionID=czq4c355dmsxdy55dif1nm55&ControlID=ad74d68e-2a9c-430f-8655-dd0e6c46f831&Culture=1033&UICulture=9&ReportStack=1&OpType=Export&FileName=Backlog+Report&ContentDisposition=OnlyHtmlInline&Format=EXCEL

which then prompts the user to Open or Save the report.

How do I stop this window from opening ? or how can I make it close automatically ?

Please advise.

I know if I can change the ContentDisposition somehow to AlwaysInline then this extra window will not show during the export but it keeps defaulting to OnlyHTMLInline for ContentDisposition.

Thanks in advance.

AL

Change ContentDispostion = AlwaysInline.|||

I had the same issue, which results from an IE hotfix that is applied to all the workstations at my work site. To get around this issue, I created a WEB project in Visual Studio 2005 and added in the ReportViewer web control. There is where you can overwrite the default setting for ExportContentDisposition. I changed to "AlwaysInline" to get around the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment