Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Exporting from MSDE to SQL Server

Hi All,

I recently created my entire site before even starting to look at hosting providers. It's a very complex ASP.NET e-Commerce site built on SQL Server. I've (nearly) got it to a point where I want it to go live.

I found a host that caters for all my needs and is a good price. What I need to do now is migrate all my data, as well as all my tables and stored procedures, into the database with my host.

Is there an easy wy to go about this?

- Mina

I would install SQL Server backup your databases and restore it in SQL Server with same name if you use the restore from Device option in the backup wizard and SQL Server will move everything for you including permissions. Then moving to the host provider will be easy because SQL Sever Enterprise Manager is needed to move your databases with most Host Companies. Hope this helps.|||You need to talk to your hosting provider -- the easiest way toaccomplish this will be to simply send them the detached MDF and LDFfiles and have the provider attach them. Whether or not they'rewilling to do that is another questionBig Smile [:D]

No comments:

Post a Comment