Thursday, March 29, 2012

Exporting Primary Keys Into Access

Hi There

I have an SQL database which I need to export into Access, I know how to this however the Primary Key's does not transfer over and more importantly once exported I cannot set the primary key to auto number as their is already information in the table.

I know I can just set up the table, with a primary key set to an autonumber and import the other fields but as the primary key's are foreign keys in other tables I need the rows in the access table to have the same ID number as in the SQL database.

Hope the above makes sense to someone and any help would be greatly appreciated.you should be able to import key values into an access autonumber column with no problem

i've tested it sucessfully, and it works

what error did you get?|||Thanks for the feedback, it works fine now. I was advised wrongly elsewhere that it couldn't be done.

Very simple in the end!|||you gotta be careful with stuff you find on the internet, eh

No comments:

Post a Comment