Sunday, March 25, 2012

Exporting Database for Importing on Another Server

This may be a simple question with an obvious answer, but I'm fairly new to databases and I can't seem to find the right procedure.

I created a database on my machine. If I want to copy the information from this database (columns, tables, and entries specifically) from my machine to another SQL server on a different machine, what is the best way to do this without manually re-entering all of the information?

Is there a simple export/import of a database for transferring it from one server to another?

Thanks,

~Josh Graber

Using Backup and Restore is often considered the 'best' way to move a database from one server to another.

Check in Books Online about using Restore with the [with MOVE] option.

|||

there are many method which u can use for this purpose....

(a) Backup/Restore

(b) Detach /attach

(c) copy database wizard

u can read about these method in BOL ...

Madhu

No comments:

Post a Comment