Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Exporting Packages

Can I simply Export my packeges on my SQL Server 2005 and use them on another SQL 2005 Server ?

Ie.

Can I build them at home, burn to a CD then import in work ? without any issues at all ?

I have a completly different user name in work for instance.

If not, is it possible to do this at all ?

Thanks

Yes, use windows authentication and/or configurations|||I would rather choose the option encrypt sensitive with password.
Then you can deploy your package where you want.
When you execute the package don't forget to provide the password...

Fridtjof|||Perfect thanks :)|||

Is you are moving packages between locations, the chances are that the resources used will be different and therefore have different credentials, so saving passwords would not really solve the problem, in fact it would be a risk as you would may disclose local credentials to another site or organisation, when there is no need. I'd also suggest that do not save sensitive is safer, and when used with configurations it is very easy for both development and operationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment