Thursday, March 29, 2012

Exporting report (excel vs CSV)

Exporting csv runs faster and doesn't have limitation of rows compared with
the exporting excel.
However, I have issues using CSV.
Exporting csv do not show all column ( in case I use "Hidden" function on
the report.)
Exporting csv do not display correctly the Header on the table ( in case I
use field value (for example "=Fields!customHeader1.Value") for Header on
the table)
Is there any ways to export the report as csv and display correctly even
though I use some functions?Hi Ken,
Here is a link that might help clear up some of your issues.
http://blogs.msdn.com/bimusings/archive/2007/02/07/reporting-services-why-ar
en-t-all-my-report-columns-exporting-to-csv-and-or-xml.aspx
Chris Alton, Microsoft Corp.
SQL Server Developer Support Engineer
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
> From: "Ken" <klee@.jeromegroup.com>
> Subject: Exporting report (excel vs CSV)
> Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 16:07:35 -0600
> Exporting csv runs faster and doesn't have limitation of rows compared
with
> the exporting excel.
> However, I have issues using CSV.
> Exporting csv do not show all column ( in case I use "Hidden" function on
> the report.)
> Exporting csv do not display correctly the Header on the table ( in case
I
> use field value (for example "=Fields!customHeader1.Value") for Header on
> the table)
>
> Is there any ways to export the report as csv and display correctly even
> though I use some functions?
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment