Thursday, March 29, 2012

Exporting Report Data to Case Management System

I work for a large government organisation and I have built several reports
that enable clients to drill down to case level which they love. The problem
is that now they all want to be able to "push a button" and send the cases to
a case management system. I know how to write the code to send the cases to
the case management system tables but I don't know how to enable the client
to be able to trigger it from the report interface. Any assistance would be
much appreciated!Well this depends on how you want to do it... right now I assume they view
the reports from a browser right? If so, you may want to look into
customizing a front end to view the reports - or you can simply create a
smart client where you have a button on a form and the reports are listed
that can be exported to the case management system.
The last option is to create a delivery extension, which I think would be
the best thing to do, you select the report, and the new output to render to
if you will. :)
=-Chris
"St Matthew" <StMatthew@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1BCF18A3-5568-41F7-B69B-A948828A0625@.microsoft.com...
>I work for a large government organisation and I have built several reports
> that enable clients to drill down to case level which they love. The
> problem
> is that now they all want to be able to "push a button" and send the cases
> to
> a case management system. I know how to write the code to send the cases
> to
> the case management system tables but I don't know how to enable the
> client
> to be able to trigger it from the report interface. Any assistance would
> be
> much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment