Thursday, March 29, 2012

exporting reports times out or freezes pc

i am trying to export a somewhat large report to excel
it is 25,000 rows of data
when running it from the report server website i get "Server Application Unavailable"
but all other smaller reports work fine
i tried changing timeout values everywhere, in config files, connection strings etc...
when i run it from visual studio it eats up over 300mb and never saves and freezes my computer
what gives?Good Evening!
I know when exporting to Excel it "burps" at anything > 65.535 rows - but I do not know the column limitation!
I know I am not any help here - but
"Server Application Unavailable" - what do you mean - you go tohttp://localhost/reports and then execute directly from MS RS .
or
Is there a document map in the MS RS report?
or
"Server Application Unavailable" seems a little strange to me - so
You select the MS RS report to execute - it executes - you select export <excel> the dialor box comes up to save, you say ok and define where you want to save and then it just hangs?
??
Send some info back - I am curious
best regards,





|||it is about 25,000 rows
there is no document map
your last statement is precise, it executes, is displayed in the web browser, then when i export it it waits a little bit and then says the error message i stated before
smaller reports work with no problem|||

I like these weird problems!

Have you installed the service packs for MS RS?

There are two(2) SP1, and SP2..

Another question, when exporting - are you exporting from the server to another PC in the network or just exporting from the server to an excel file on the server?

|||i don't know how weird the problem is, i think reporting services just can't handle this
also when i try to export the report in visual studio it just eats up tons of memory and freezes the machine
i have all the latest service packs
i am exporting the file to save on my hard drive, i am running RS from my laptop and sql server from a real server|||Hi,
Iam facing the same problem when I try to export to PDF format the same thing happens it freezes the system.
the senario here is Reporting server is installed on a server machine & Iam accessing the reports from windows XP client. MSRS 2000 with service pack 2 is intalled on the server.
Another imp issue is Iam unable to print. my report has 4,250 pages with approximately 50 - 55 records in a page Iam trying to print its not printing I even tried to print only page 1-1 (single page) . it shows the "Printing Now..." dialog but after 5 mins it fails.
I've tried the same thing, same environment at different place where I was having 2500 pages printing was working fine. can anybody tell me what is the solution for this.
Regards

Adonis

No comments:

Post a Comment