Thursday, March 29, 2012

Exporting report to WordML

I have been trying to use the XML export along with an XSL file to try and
generate WordML files from reporting services, and so far have had no real
success. I have tried using the XSLT Inference Tool and following the VERY
limited documentation that exists for it, but it just does not want to work
for me.
So, I have 2 questions:
1) Is there any good information/examples of using Word 2003, the XSLT
Inference Tool, and/or Visual Studio to get RS to output WordML files?
2) Why hasn't Microsoft released a WordML renderer for Reporting Services? I
can understand not having one for the old formats since MS is trying to phase
them out, but they have an XML renderer, and they are pushing the WordML
format, so it would seem to make sense to release a WordML renderer...Anyone have any thoughts/Hints/Tips for this?
"jwattsCOL" wrote:
> I have been trying to use the XML export along with an XSL file to try and
> generate WordML files from reporting services, and so far have had no real
> success. I have tried using the XSLT Inference Tool and following the VERY
> limited documentation that exists for it, but it just does not want to work
> for me.
> So, I have 2 questions:
> 1) Is there any good information/examples of using Word 2003, the XSLT
> Inference Tool, and/or Visual Studio to get RS to output WordML files?
> 2) Why hasn't Microsoft released a WordML renderer for Reporting Services? I
> can understand not having one for the old formats since MS is trying to phase
> them out, but they have an XML renderer, and they are pushing the WordML
> format, so it would seem to make sense to release a WordML renderer...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment