Sunday, February 26, 2012

Export To Excel Gives Me Gray Cells

I have a report which was in RS 2003 and exported to Excel fine. Now when I export the same report using RS 2005 to Excel I get gray cells at the bottom of each table. I have the background of the body set to transparent. I have tried setting the background of the body to white and other colors. Those colors show up but the gray is still there as well. In preview mode and export to pdf I do not have those problems. Basically gray cells are showing up where they should not be. Any help would be great.Do you have anything in the table footer/s?|||I do have items in the footer. Now here is the kicker. When I take the color out of the header of the top most table then the background goes to white and all the other tables retain their color. the space between the tables when exported to excel take on the color of what ever the color is set to as the background color in the topmost table on the report. This is one to mark up as weird but true.|||To be even more specific all space between tables on the report when exported to excel, that space takes on the color of the background color of the first textbox of the header of the top most table. Can anyone explain this one to me.|||I found a work around for this. Not sure of what is going on but I put a blank row about the table header row of the top most table. Set its height to minimum and made its background transparent and it cleared up my problem. Maybe one day I will figure out what is happing in the rendering process.

No comments:

Post a Comment