Sunday, February 26, 2012

Export to Excel format

I am using SQL Server Reporting Services 2005.

In one of report i am calling sub report which independently renders in excel format without problem but when it is called in main report as SubReport in Data Table Cell in that cell its giving error message Subreports within table/matrix cells are ignored.

While rendering to PDF format it is working fine.I have problem only in excel format renderings..

The export to Excel dosn't support sub-reports. I re-worked my Excel Exporting reports to not include sub reports (which stinks! but that's the current limitation).

Tim

|||

I have the same problem.

I use SQL Reporting Service 2005. The report has a subreport embedded in a table.

when I exported this report into Excel, it started gving "Data Regions within table/matrix cells are ignored" error when is displayed in the section where Subreport is display. I need the information inside the subreport to be able exported into Excel file which is very important to me. What is alternative way to fix it?

Thanks in advance|||

Hi ,

To avoid sub -reports in sql reporting services 2005 follow the solution.

Have a main table.The row where sub report resides - replace it /drag a list control and place a table inside

Before:

<table>

<tr>

<td>your sub report</td>

</tr>

</table>

After:

<table>

<tr>

<td><list><table><tr><td>data goes here</td></tr></table></list></td>

</tr>

</table>

Note : Nested table soln wrks this way only.

Filter the sub table as per your requirements / then grouping sorting . Then export to excel - everything wrks fine.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

shanthi

No comments:

Post a Comment