Sunday, February 26, 2012

Export to Excel from SQL Server 2000

I was wondering if anyone knew how I could export data from SQL Server to a specific Excel worksheet with an Excel file, such as "Sheet2" or "Sheet3" for example, instead of dropping the data automatically in to Sheet1.
Thank you!
DaveI was wondering if anyone knew how I could export data from SQL Server to a specific Excel worksheet with an Excel file, such as "Sheet2" or "Sheet3" for example, instead of dropping the data automatically in to Sheet1.

Thank you!

Dave

Use Import/Export wizard and specify Sheet2$ as the destination.|||Look into setting up an ODBC connection...

You can create the proper view (or sproc) in SQL Server (and even pass parameters) and setup Excel to pull the data from SQL Server when right-click the external data source and choose to Refresh Data.

I've used it for yours to distribute real-time reporting solutions. Just created the worksheet, set everybody up with the ODBC and they can refresh as often as they like. I use it to provide up to the minute performance on manufacturing facilities. A real eye-opener for my clients.

Let me know if you want more specific information. Best of luck,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment