Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Export single table in web data administrator

Hi,
I am using the "Web Data Administrator" on the MS SQL Server (2000 I think)
database provided by my ISP.
I use the Export function every so often so that I can make a copy on my
local SQL server, (I have no access to DTS on the ISP server).
However, lately, the sheer amount of records I have over 30 or so tables,
causes this to fail. Does anyone know of a built in proc or some t-sql I can
use to emulate the export function of the "web data administrator" but limit
it to individual tables?
Many thanks for any help.
Xavier,
I understand that you are getting the data transferred to your local SQL
Server, not the table structures. Perhaps you could use bcp, something
like:
bcp MyDb.dbo.BigTable OUT D:\BigTable.DAT -S ISPSQLServer -T -n
FTP the file internally then run something like:
OSQL -S DEVSQLServer -E -Q "USE MyDb TRUNCATE TABLE BigTable"
bcp MyDb.dbo.BigTable IN D:\BigTable.DAT -S DEVSQLServer -T -n
FWIW,
RLF
"Xavier" <Xavier@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D8228881-1C5C-45A7-91AE-14645590B5F2@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I am using the "Web Data Administrator" on the MS SQL Server (2000 I
> think)
> database provided by my ISP.
> I use the Export function every so often so that I can make a copy on my
> local SQL server, (I have no access to DTS on the ISP server).
> However, lately, the sheer amount of records I have over 30 or so tables,
> causes this to fail. Does anyone know of a built in proc or some t-sql I
> can
> use to emulate the export function of the "web data administrator" but
> limit
> it to individual tables?
> Many thanks for any help.

No comments:

Post a Comment